Pix. 1. Lifting a weight is one exercise you can do at work while sitting at your desk
Whether you are a CEO, Company Director, Secretary, Writer, IT person and so on, there is an exercise you can do whilst at work to help you deal with boredom, frustration, or a heavy workload. In addition, doing these exercises will help you to look and feel better as well as make you think better on the job.
Next time you go to the office, or settle down to work, try these simple exercises.
An Exercise You Can Do at Work at Your Desk
If you are a secretary or you use the office telephone a lot, one exercise you can do at work is to lift weights with your free arm. You can lift the office telephone, a paper weight, or the telephone directory. Alternatively, buy a three- pound weight and keep it near the telephone. Anytime you are not occupied, lift the weight a number of times. Be sure to use alternate arms. As time goes on, gradually increase the number of repetitions and the heaviness of the weight.
An Exercise You Can Do at Work Sitting
One can do the following exercise while seated comfortably in his chair at the office or place of work. It is very easy to do and will take you just a few minutes to finish.
- While seated in your chair, lift your weight straight up to the level of your chest.
- Keep it there for 5 seconds and then lift it towards the ceiling.
- Bring the weight down behind your head as far as you can comfortably reach.
- Swing the weight straight out to the side, then make several circles with your arm. Move your arm forward first, then backward, moving from the wrist.
- Swing the weight straight out to the side, then forward to touch your chest.
- Slowly lower the weight sideways and touch the floor with it.
This exercise will help to condition and tone the upper part of your body.
An Exercise You Can Do at Work While Standing
You can do this exercise against your desk, or any other piece of furniture in the office which will not move when you exert pressure on it:
- Stand about four feet from your desk and breathe in deeply. Then, lean towards your desk and place your hands on the edge and then, subsequently, breathe out slowly. Make sure you rest your hands about a shoulder-width apart.
- Straighten your entire body.
- Breathe in again slowly and bend your arms to lower your body in one piece.
- Breathe out as you use your arms to push yourself up again.
This exercise will tone and strengthen the muscles of your lower forearm and the upper body.
An Exercise You Can Do at Work to Relieve Stress
Pix. 2. A simple exercise you can do at work to relieve stress
While you are waiting to go for an interview that will determine whether you can get the promotion you have been working so hard for, or when you feel overwhelmed by the load of work on your desk, or when you find yourself in any stressful situation at work:
- Clasp your hands behind your back. Make sure your arms point towards the floor.
- Breathe in deeply while simultaneously pulling your shoulders back and your chest up.
- As you breathe out, bend slightly forward, then raise your arms as far overhead as you possibly can.
- Push your head towards your knees and try to get it as close as possible to those joints. Bend your knees slightly so that you do not experience strain.
You will be amazed at what this exercise will do for you. It will invigorate you immediately so that you can face whatever challenge you want to deal with. Furthermore, it will release tension and stiffness in your neck and shoulders so that you will feel more relaxed.
A Simple Exercise You Can Do at Work
While talking on the phone to your business partner, superior, or subordinate, roll your shoeless feet back and forth on an empty bottle. Use a ridged bottle because it can effectively massage the soles of your feet and stimulate good blood circulation in your feet.
You may use any other ridged object which can be rolled for this exercise. The advantage of doing this exercise is that it will relax your feet as well as increase circulation to that part of your body.
A Quick Exercise You Can Do at Work
The following exercise will help your body to get rid of tension as well as help you to conserve energy so that you can be more productive at work. Furthermore, this exercise will help your mind to remain clear so that you can be mentally sharp to do your work.
Tense and then relax the different parts of your body. Start with your feet and then proceed to your calves, thighs and so on. Tense each area for seven seconds.
As you relax each part of your body, concentrate on the feeling of relaxation.
Remember the feeling of relaxation and maintain that relaxed feeling. Recreate that feeling whenever you start tensing up in the office again.
- Tense and then relax the different parts of your body. Start with your feet and then proceed to your calves, thighs and so on. Tense each area for seven seconds.
- As you relax each part of your body, concentrate on the feeling of relaxation.
- Remember the feeling of relaxation and maintain that relaxed feeling. Recreate that feeling whenever you start tensing up in the office again.
Pregnancy Exercise You Can Do at Work
If you are pregnant, you might consider doing this exercise early in the morning before you start work or during the lunch break:
- Sit well forward in your chair with your feet and knees well apart.
- Place your hands on the side of your knees.
- Rock forward, hollowing your back and pressing your knees outwards with your hands.
- Rock backwards, rounding your back and letting your knees relax.
- Do this exercise slowly as though you are in a rocking chair.
This exercise will help to stretch your pelvis and also help to prevent gestational diabetes.
Whether you are sitting in your chair at work, standing in the office, waiting for your next assignment, or pregnant, there is an exercise you can do at work to enhance your ability to perform better at your job.
Start your day or end your day with one of these exercises and you will feel great. In addition, these exercises will help prevent some diseases.
Copyright ©2017 All rights reserved Dating Advice for Shy Guys