If you do a hand manicure at home, it will boost your self-confidence and make you look more attractive. Spend only a few minutes every day to manicure your hand at home so that you can keep them in excellent condition and help improve your general appearance.
It is good for every woman to learn how to do it since it is not difficult to do and takes just a few minutes.
What You Need to Do a Hand Manicure
You first need to assemble the articles you will use for the hand manicure at home. The following articles are needed if you want to do a hand manicure at home:
- Orangewood stick.
- Cotton wool.
- A small bowl.
- A nail brush.
- A good file.
- An emery board.
- A buffer.
- Nail scissors.
- Tissue squares.
- Liquid polish.
- Nail white.
- A towel.
How to Do a Hand Manicure at Home
Preparing Your Nails
- Tear off a piece of the cotton wool and soak it in the polish remover. Then, rub the soaked cotton wool on your nail gently. This will make it remove the old polish on your nail.
- File your nail to the shape that will make your hand look beautiful. Do the filing in one direction only. Make sure you do not file so deeply at the sides that you run past the point where the nail tip grows naturally from the cuticle as this will cause damage to the nail. Finish with the emery to make sure that there are no rough spots.
- Buff the nails from right to left only to smooth the ridges.
- Apply a little olive oil to your cuticle.
- Massage each finger with a little of the olive oil, making sure you do it thoroughly.
- Then, put your finger in warm soapy water for a few minutes to let it rest.
- Use a brush to scrub your nails and then dry them by pressing your cuticle back with a towel.
- Wrap the orangewood stick in cotton wool and then dip it in warm olive oil. Then use it to push the cuticle back from the nails.
- Rest the nail you are working on on the cushion at the base of your thumb. Never clip the cuticle, if you can avoid it. If there are hangnails, cut them close.
- Use warm soapy water to scrub your nail again.
- Drain the brush on the edge of the bottle so that the polish will go on smoothly.
Applying the Polish
- Put the polish on with long strokes from the moon to the tip.
- Apply the polish carefully by steadying the little finger of the hand you are using to work on the palm of the other hand.
- Use the orange stick to prevent polish from accumulating around the edges.
- Remember to dip the polish brush back into the bottle after you have finished with each nail so there will be a uniformity of color.
- Remove excess polish with cleansing tissue.
- Apply a little nail white under the ends of the nails.
- Use warm, soapy water to brush your nails and then dry thoroughly.
- Massage a few drops of hand lotion into your hands and around the nails.
- Dip some cotton wool in polish remover and use it to wipe off the mouth of the polish bottle before you replace the lid.
Shaping Your Nails
If you have square, stubby fingers, long slender nails will make your hands look more beautiful.
If your fingers are long, short, slightly rounded nails will make your hands look more attractive.
What Color of Polish to Use
If you have well-shaped hands, using deeper shades, especially in the evening, will be more appropriate.
If you have uneven nails, then it is better to wear light and medium shades. These are more flattering and will make your hands look more attractive.
Some Don’ts When Doing a Hand Manicure at Home
These are a few things you must avoid if you want to do a full hand manicure at home:
- Do not leave the polish on the nails to the very end. Instead, wipe off a hairline at the top after you apply each coat. This will prevent chipping.
- Do not thin nail polish with polish remover. Instead, use a regular solvent.
- Do not shake a bottle of nail polish before using it. Shaking the polish bottle causes air bubbles which form blisters on the surface of the nail.
- Do not put away the polish brush before it is cleaned.
- Do not use heat or a strong draft to dry nail polish. These will make the nail blister.
- Allow 24 hours for the polish to set before adding a clear polish finish.
Do a hand manicure at home and it will make your hands look even more gorgeous than they are now!
Copyright ©2017 All rights reserved Dating Advice for Shy Guys